Battle of the Beards
NOW OPEN TO ALL OF TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA.
Battle of the Beards is an amateur turkey hunting competition that was previously only open to participants hunting in Clay or the surrounding counties. For the last seven years, we’ve marketed Turkey Fest as the #1 weekend to hunt turkey in Texoma. The demand for hunting properties has grown but many Clay County landowners already have their land leased or they donate their property for the World Championship.
In 2014, we are expanding our reach and encouraging all turkey hunters in Texas and Oklahoma to participate in Battle of the Beards. So, TX and OK, let’s bag some turkey from April 10 – 12, 2014, and come on out to Turkey Fest with your families to submit those winning gobblers.
- Have a valid hunting license.
- Register with the Chamber before Turkey Fest week.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Hunt in Texas or Oklahoma on private property, lease, or land from a landowner whom you have permission from Thursday, April 10 thru Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 2 p.m.
- Turkey must be legally harvested and properly tagged according to the most recent Texas Hunting Guide when brought in for measurement.
- Submit your bird by April 12 at 2 p.m. during Turkey Fest. (Several weigh-in times are available – see below).
A youth who does not reach the age of 17 years on or before the beginning of the current contest.
An adult who reaches the age of 17 years on or before the beginning of the current contest.
Winner will be decided by the total score according to the National Wild Turkey Federation Scoring System:
- Weight of Bird (pounds and ounces, convert to decimal)
- Length of Spur (convert to decimal, add both measurements and multiply by 10)
- Length of Beard (convert to decimal and multiply by 2)
- Add total points for final score
- Other: All measurements taken to the nearest 1/16 of an inch.
Turkey Submission Schedule
Turkeys will be scored during the following hours:
|Thursday, April 10||Noon – 2 p.m. / 5 – 7 p.m.||The Caboose|
|Friday, April 11||Noon – 2 p.m. / 5 – 7 p.m.||The Caboose|
|Saturday, April 12||2 p.m.||Henrietta Courthouse Square|
By entering the contest, you have agreed to comply with all rules and all decisions of the Battle of the Beards contest and have paid your entry fee in full. Entry forms can be delivered, mailed, or e-mailed to the Henrietta & Clay County Chamber of Commerce.