Battle of the Beards
Win $1,000 cash prize and more from Cabela’s!
NOW OPEN TO ALL OF TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA.
In 2015, we are encouraging all turkey hunters in Texas and Oklahoma to participate in Battle of the Beards. So, TX and OK, let’s bag some turkey from April 8 – 11, 2015, and come on out to Turkey Fest with your families to submit those winning gobblers.
The Battle of the Beards is an amateur turkey hunting competition that was previously only open to participants hunting in Clay or the surrounding counties. For the last eight years, we’ve marketed Turkey Fest as the #1 weekend to hunt turkey in Texoma. The demand for hunting properties has grown but many Clay County landowners already have their land leased or they donate their property for the World Championship.
2015 Battle of the Beards VIDEO!
- $1,000 cash prize and two tickets to the Full Strut Banquet for overall winner
- $100 Cabela’s gift card for adult winner
- $100 Cabela’s gift card for youth winner
- $100 Cabela’s gift card overall winner’s hunting location.
- Winners will be announced during the festival on Saturday, April 11, 2015.
- Have a valid hunting license.
- Register with the Chamber before April 8.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Hunt in Texas or Oklahoma on private property, lease, or land from a landowner whom you have permission from Wednesday, April 8 thru Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 1 p.m.
- Turkey must be legally harvested and properly tagged according to the most recent Texas Hunting Guide when brought in for measurement.
- Submit your bird by April 11 at 1 p.m. during Turkey Fest. (Several weigh-in times are available – see below).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ENTRY PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
An adult who reaches the age of 17 years on or before the beginning of the current contest. A youth who does not reach the age of 17 years on or before the beginning of the current contest.
Winner will be decided by the total score according to the National Wild Turkey Federation Scoring System:
- Weight of Bird (pounds and ounces, convert to decimal)
- Length of Spur (convert to decimal, add both measurements and multiply by 10)
- Length of Beard (convert to decimal and multiply by 2)
- Add total points for final score
- Other: All measurements taken to the nearest 1/16 of an inch.
Turkey Submission Schedule
Turkeys will be scored during the following hours in Henrietta, Texas:
|Thursday, April 9||Noon & 7 p.m.||The Caboose – 202 W. Omega St.|
|Friday, April 10||Noon & 7 p.m.||The Caboose – 202 W. Omega St.|
|Saturday, April 11||1 p.m.||Henrietta Courthouse Square|
Sign me up!
Download the Battle of the Beards application here.
How can we help?
Let us know if you have any questions about the Battle of the Beards. Please note: the form below is not a sign up form.